That’s what happened when 90 cows created so much methane gas that it caught fire and blew up a shed in Rasdorf, Germany.
The gas had steadily built up in the structure and was ignited on Monday when ‘a static electric charge caused the gas to explode with flashes of flames,’ the police said in a statement.
Twitter user Mocking Bard was shocked by the news and wrote: ‘So a German cow actually started a fire with a fart. And then you ask why people worship cows.’
Jeremy Cowles was similarly alarmed and added: ‘Cow farts are a serious health hazard.’
Luckily only one cow suffered minor injuries but the barn didn’t get off so lightly, with its roof being damaged.